Most of the back workouts for women can be done at home with less equipment. But if you want to kill two birds with one stone you may need to incorporate weights. When using weights, you can work your back as well as your chest muscles. The following paragraphs share different exercises that you can do to work your upper body muscles such as the chest and back muscles. Besides the back workouts at home, there are also exercises that you can do to target your shoulders muscles.
Shoulder And Back Workout For Females
Having stronger upper back muscles gives your body a good posture. There are several back workouts for women that also work shoulders. Below are some shoulders and back workouts for women that they can do to strengthen their muscles.
Bent Over Row
The bent over row is a strength exercise. The use of dumbbells makes the exercise more intense thereby strengthening your muscles. This exercise targets your upper body muscles such as lats, rotator cuffs, traps, deltoids, and rhomboids. Strengthening these muscles makes it easy to do your day-to-day activities freely without injuries. To do the exercise, follow the instructions below;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Bend your upper body until your torso is parallel to the floor. Let your arms hang towards the floor.
- Then row the dumbbells up to your ribcage.
- Lower the dumbbells towards the ground until your arms are straightened.
Renegade row is another exercise that can be done by women to target their shoulder and back muscles. The renegade row makes your muscles stronger and it can also improve bone density and muscle mass. Besides working the shoulder and back muscles, it also works your arm muscles. As such, it is good as the back and bicep workouts. To do the exercises; follow the steps below;
- Start in a plank position and make sure that your feet are at hips-width apart.
- While holding dumbbells in your hands, balance on the floor with dumbbells, and keep your palms facing each other.
- Lift one hand and row the dumbbell towards your ribcage. Return the hand to the floor.
- Repeat the movement on one hand and then exercise the other side.
Back Workouts For Women At Home
Exercising at home can mean that you don’t have the equipment or have minimum equipment. Whether you have minimum equipment or no equipment, there are the best back workouts for women that can be done at home. Below are some exercises;
- Lie on the floor and face down. Keep your feet close to each other.
- Bend your arms to form a 90-degree angle and plant your hands on the floor.
- Raise your face and arms off the floor. Extend your arms in front of you until they are fully stretched.
- Reverse your hands to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Resistance Band Good Mornings
This exercise primarily targets the erector spinae and lower back muscles. It stretches your tense back muscles. You will need a resistance band to do this exercise. But it can also be done without any equipment. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Hold the resistance band’s handles with both hands.
- Step on the resistance band and pull it up over your back with your hands to the shoulders.
- Then bend at the waist as if you are taking bowing.
- Stand up to the starting position
Back Day Workout Women’s
Your back day can be properly planned by picking up various exercises. You just have to pick exercises that will target your back muscles. As such, you can do exercises that strengthens, stretches, lowers injuries and pain, and many others. There are different exercises that fit in those different categories. What matter is that you should match the exercises that you do with your goals. People have different goals when it comes to exercising. Therefore, you should know the exercises that can help you to achieve your goals.
Lower Back Workouts For Women
Not all the back exercises target the entire back muscles. There are exercises that are good for the upper back while others are good for the lower back. Below are the exercises that you can do to target lower back muscles.
The bridge exercises primarily target the lower back muscles. The good thing about this exercise is that it doesn’t need special equipment. You rely on your body resistance. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- Lie on the floor and face upwards. Bend your knees and plant your feet on the floor.
- Let your arms rest on the floor by your body sides.
- Then raise your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line.
- Pause at the top of the movement before lowering your body to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
The leg raise is one of the back workouts at home because it doesn’t need any special equipment. It can lower back pains. Additionally, this exercise also works your abs and core muscles. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Lie flat on the floor and face upwards. Make sure that your body is straight and let your arms rest by your body side.
- Then raise both legs at the same time as high as you can. Keep your back planted on the floor as you lift your legs.
- Then lower your legs to the floor.
- Repeat the movement as much as you can.
Chest Workouts For Women
Women can also do exercises that target their chest muscles. They can do bodybuilding exercises or use weights depending on their ability. Below are the exercises that they can do to improve their chests strength.
Push-ups are well known for working the upper body muscles such as the chest, arms and shoulders. Interestingly, there are different push-ups variations that you can do. The traditional push-up works your chest muscles perfectly. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- Let your body balanced on your toes and hands planted on the floor at shoulder width apart or slightly apart than that.
- Then lower your body towards the floor and rise up before touching the floor with your chest.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Incline Bench Press
You will need a pair of dumbbells and an inclined bench press to do this exercise. This exercise strengthens your chest muscles as well as your arm muscles. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, sit on an inclined bench and keep your feet planted on the floor.
- Bend your elbows by your body side and let your palms face forward with dumbbells at chest height.
- Press the dumbbells up above your chest until your arms are fully stretched.
- Lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Shoulder Workouts For Women
Having stronger shoulder muscles make you do your day-to-day activities at ease. In addition to that, strong shoulders improve your posture. There are several exercises that can be done by women to strengthen their shoulders. Below are the best exercises for shoulder muscles.
The shoulder press exercise is good for strengthening your shoulder muscles. Besides that, the exercise also works your arm muscles. You can use a barbell or dumbbells when doing this exercise. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Holding dumbbells in your hands stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Bring the dumbbells up to shoulder height and make sure the palms are facing away.
- Press the dumbbells above the head and then pause with your arms fully stretched.
- Return the dumbbells to the shoulder height position.
- Repeat to meet the number of your preferred reps.
In addition to that, other shoulder workouts that can be done by women include dumbbell arm circles, single arm kettlebell press, lateral raise, shoulder taps, and many others.
Bicep Workouts For Women
Bicep workouts are good at shedding off arm fat. Additionally, the exercise tones the arm muscles and makes them stronger. Below are the bicep exercises that can be done by women to target their biceps.
The decline push-ups primarily target the biceps muscles. It strengthens them. Besides that, the exercise also works the core, chest, and shoulder muscles. To do the exercise, follow the instructions below;
- Plant your hands on the floor and put your feet on a bench.
- Then bend your elbows and lower your upper body towards the floor.
- Push back your body up to the starting position or until the arms are fully stretched.
- Repeat the moves as much as you want.
Back Workouts At Home
Being at home does not mean that you cannot do effective exercises. You can mix bodybuilding workouts and back workouts with dumbbells. There are various exercises that you can do to target your back muscles. Some exercises that you can do include superman, quad superman, leg raise, push-ups, lower back rotational stretches, seated rotational stretches, and many others.
There are several back workouts for women that can make them lose weight significantly. As much as those exercises work and strengthen the back muscles, they also make it easy for them to shed off some kilos. Some of these exercises have been discussed largely in the above paragraphs.
There are exercises that do not need any gym equipment while others can be done at home with minimum equipment. For instance, if you have weight such as kettlebell and dumbbells, you can do exercises such as bench press.
The exercise is good at strengthening your back muscles and also is one of the workouts to get rid of back fat. Other back fat workouts that you can do without equipment include superman, quad superman, leg raise, push-ups, lower back rotational stretches, seated rotational stretches, and more.