Strengthening your legs makes your entire body function healthily. Using the kettlebell while doing your workouts can tone your muscles, build muscles, and benefit your hamstrings, glutes, and more. Interestingly, there are a lot of best kettlebell workouts that you can give a try. These simple exercises include kettlebell single leg workout, square, lunges, and step-ups. Don’t forget to use the right size of the kettlebell as you do your kettlebell leg workout.
Types Of A Kettlebell Leg Workout
Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlift
Kettlebell deadlift is one of the simple exercises that can be done at home to improve leg strength. The exercise can be done by newbies and experts. Interestingly, you just need one kettlebell. Notably, you can use two if you can. In doing the workout, three sets of 10 reps or more would be good enough. This is how you do the workout;
- Firstly, stand upright holding a kettlebell with one hand. If you have two kettlebells, hold one in each hand.
- Bend forward slowly lifting off the ground one leg. If your left hand has a kettlebell lift the right leg. Raise your right leg in a straight manner until you feel your hamstring being stretched.
- When your leg is straight behind your body; producing a straight back, return your foot, and stand upright. Repeat 10 times or more for three sets. Lastly, change the kettlebell and hold it with another hand and exercise the other leg that was not being lifted.
- Strengthens your legs one by one.
- Improves your body balance
- Boosts your body mobility by exercising the hip joint and legs
- Strengthens shoulders
This workout is simple and it is good for hamstring muscles. Additionally, kettlebell step-up can also strengthen your core muscles. It can be done at home or at the gym. Interestingly, you do not need a lot of complicated equipment.
For instance, a chair and two kettlebells are good enough to keep you going. It is a simple exercise but a killer leg workout. This is how you can do your kettlebell step-ups;
- Firstly, put your chair or step on stable ground.
- Stand up holding kettlebells. Make sure that the chair is in front of you.
- Step up and leave one foot on the ground. Finally, move the foot on the ground onto the step and then back to the ground.
- You can do 15 reps or more and then switch legs.
- The exercise builds up glutes
- Improves body stamina
- Strengthens your lower body
- Shape thighs
This exercise is good for the whole body. As such, it strengthens and builds the upper body, lower body, and body muscles. In addition, it is simple and you can do it anywhere. Most importantly, your lower body benefits form quads and hamstrings.
To do the exercise you need a kettlebell and a stable ground that is spacious. Follow these steps to do the overhead lunges;
- Firstly, stand up with feet apart holding the kettlebell up over the head. Your arms must be straight.
- Your feet must be slightly apart and then bend your knees slightly taking a step back making a deep lunge. Maintain the kettlebell overhead with arms extended straight.
- As you take a deep lunge, your front knee makes a 45-degree bend.
- Finally, bring back the foot to the starting position. You can do 15 reps or more and then change the leg to take deep lunge with the other one. Make 3 sets or more.
- Improves the body balance
- Improve legs and hips strength
- Exercises quadriceps and front thigh muscles
- The workout benefits the whole body
- Stabilizes shoulders
There are variations of squats that you can do armed with kettlebells. The kettlebell training that focuses on legs includes goblet squats, split squats, sumo squats, and many others.
These exercises are good in building leg muscles, lowering injuries, strengthening knees, and more. Squats tackles the entire body. Most importantly; they are good in building muscle strength. Additionally, squats build calves, hamstring, and quadriceps.
Goblet squat can be done by anyone. That is both the newbies and experts can do goblet squats. Remarkably, it tackles your legs by building and strengthening muscles. This is how you do it;
- Firstly, hold your kettlebell closer to your chest, keeping your legs a bit wide apart.
- Keep your back straight and squat. Keep your kettlebell on the chest as you are squatting.
- Finally, after getting down go back to the start position and repeat until you are tired or at least 30 or more reps of 3 sets.
- Globe squats strengthen your glutes
- Exercises the entire core thereby toning it
- Build leg muscles
- Strengthens entire body muscles
Kettlebell Lateral Lunge
Doing this exercise does not need a lot of equipment. For instance; you just need a kettlebell and a stable space to stand and move your legs. Follow these steps to do the kettlebell lateral lunge workout;
- Firstly, you must start by holding the kettlebell with both of your closer bringing it closer to the chest. Then stand up with your feet apart.
- Use your left leg to make a big step out to the left and bending your left knee. At the same time bend your back forward in such a way that the right leg and hip are stretched and slant.
- Lastly; bring back the left foot to the start position. Repeat 10 times and use the right leg to step in and out. Do several sets as you can.
- Strengthening your legs and thighs
- Make your lower body more flexible
- Develop your lower body; making muscles tight and tone
- The exercise can build up the muscle mass
Precautions Of The Kettlebell Leg Workout
The above exercises are simple to do and you can do them at home while you are alone. However, you must take caution and avoid risking your body. As much as you can do workout until you are tired; you must respond to your body.
That is; know when to stop exercising. Most importantly, injuries are also imminent during exercise. Below are some of the tips that can keep your body safe.
- Handle the kettlebell properly to avoid losing the grip while you are working out.
- Consider the kettlebell weight. As such, use the right size of the kettlebell, ask the expert if you are not too sure about the weight relation to the exercise.
- Avoid exerting a lot of pressure on the spine instead; exert it to the hips.
- Breathe properly.
- Consider your working space. Therefore, using kettlebell outdoors is highly recommended. However, if you are indoors make sure that the area is clear and not sloppy. Additionally, you can use a steady mat.
The kettlebell leg workout consists of exercises that strengthen muscles, hamstring, glutes, hips, and more. Some of the kettlebell workouts that you can do include kettlebell single leg deadlift, step-ups, squats, lunges, and many others. The above exercises are simple and can be done by anyone regardless of gender.
They are also the at-home leg workouts types which can be done even at a gym. Above all, the kettlebell leg workout reduces lower body injuries, boost athleticism, build muscles, increase bone density, and more. However, they are risky. Therefore, you must take precautionary measures as you do them.
Which kettlebell leg workout have you tried that give you the best results? Which ones do you recommend?
Earn Up to $10k Per Month by Online Business My
#1 Recommendation Method