There are a few pieces of equipment that are required in order to construct a home gym, one of which is a weight bench. Because they provide a level, sturdy platform, weight benches are an essential component of the majority of strength training exercises. The number of exercises that may be performed on a weight bench is (almost) without limit. Some examples of these exercises include chest presses, flyes, triceps dips, and crunches. Here, we are providing best weight benches reviews to select your choice for your home gym.
In addition, several types of benches come with incline settings that may be changed to accommodate a variety of needs. Some even come equipped with barbell racks to provide the most complete full-body workout possible.
Here are the top eight weight benches that will be available in 2022.
How We Determined Which Weight Benches Were The Best.
We have compiled a list of the top weight benches based on the following characteristics in order to make your search a little bit simpler:
The items that are listed below all provide value at a selection of different price points.
The training needs of a wide variety of people are met by the benches covered in this roundup, which range from weight racks to seats with adjustable heights.
Satisfaction Of The Customer.
We only included weight benches that were widely praised by customers and regularly lived up to their expectations.
Reputation Of The Business.
The brands that we offer have all passed a quality control test based on criteria relating to their operations.
Use Of Materials.
To ensure that the benches would last as long as possible, we looked for ones that were crafted from high-quality materials such as heavy-duty steel.
The top weight benches of 2022 are listed below for your convenience.
1. The FLYBIRD Adjustable Bench Is The Best Bench In General.
- The price range is from $150 to $300.
- The dimensions are 34.7 inches (in. ), 16 inches (in. ), and 10.6 inches (in.)
- The load capability is eight hundred pounds (lbs). (362.9 kg).
- Degree range: -215-degree dip to 95-degree inclination.
- Warranty is for one year on the frame and thirty days on the pad.
The name FLYBIRD is revered by those who are passionate about weightlifting, and for good reason. The company has been manufacturing high-quality exercise equipment for more than twenty years, such as dumbbells, benches, and door handles, amongst other items.
This adjustable bench from FLYBIRD is the ideal product to choose overall since it has a high load capacity (the entire amount of weight it is able to support), a comfortable pad, 7 back adjustments, and 3 seat positions; in addition, it is available at a reasonable price.
In addition, the frame is constructed with heavy-duty commercial steel, and it has been subjected to hundreds of weight tests to guarantee that it is both safe and stable.
You are not required to take our word for it in any way. This bench has received over 15,000 evaluations, the vast majority of which have awarded it 5 stars, making it a favorite among both seasoned and novice weightlifters.
- 800-lb. A maximum load capacity of (362.9 kg).
- Entirely adaptable to a variety of angles, including level, slope, and decline.
- Foldable for simple storing.
- Frame made of high-quality steel for increased longevity.
- Because it is taller than most other benches, reviewers found that it was more difficult to maintain stability while performing bench press activities.
- Workouts with dumbbells and lighter weights, as opposed to heavy barbell work, are the ones that should be prioritized.
2. The Everyday Essentials Steel Frame Flat Weight Training Bench Is Our Pick For The Best Affordable Bench
- Price: around $150.
- Dimensions: 40 × 15.5 × 19 in. (101.6 × 39.4 × 48.3 cm)
- The load capacity is equal to 600 pounds. (272 kg)
- Degree range: flat
- There is no warranty provided, although multiyear warranties can be purchased at an additional cost.
The cost of gym equipment can quickly add up, and it’s possible that you won’t feel comfortable spending hundreds of dollars on a weight bench.
There is a price reduction available on the Everyday Essentials website for the flat weight bench. In spite of this, it is a best-seller because to the sturdy frame and firm cushion it features.
The one and only drawback? Because the bench is not adjustable, there is a restricted range of exercises that can be performed on it.
- Extremely inexpensive.
- A solid and reliable bench for working with dumbbells and doing workouts using bodyweight.
- Strong ability to bear weight.
- Not adjustable; restricts the range of exercises available to you.
- It is shorter than most other benches, therefore people who are taller than average could find it uncomfortable.
3. The PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench Is Our Pick For The Best Adjustable Bench.
- Price: Under 150$
- Dimensions: 55.1 × 15.8 × 20 in. (140 × 40 × 50.8 cm)
- The maximum load allowed is 500 pounds. (227 kg)
- Degree range: -190-degree dip to 127-degree inclination
- One year’s worth of warranty
Check out this choice from PASYOU if you’re in the market for an adjustable bench that won’t put a dent in your bank account.
The bench is not only long-lasting, dependable, and reasonably priced, but it also features seven different settings that can be adjusted, providing a great deal of flexibility.
There are, however, a few drawbacks that should be taken into consideration, one of which being the relatively low load capacity. The load capacity of a bench refers to the total amount of weight it is able to support, which takes into account not just your own body weight but also the weight you are lifting.
This bench is also one of the shorter ones on this list, with a maximum user height of 6 feet (ft) recommended by the manufacturer (183 cm).
Despite this, the bench has a strong reputation for being a product of superior quality that can be purchased at an affordable cost.
- Completely adjustable bench with inclination, decline, and flat positions available as choices.
- Folds for simple storage.
- A very reasonable cost for a bench with adjustable height.
- A load capacity that is lower than the majority of the other benches on this list.
- Users taller than 183 centimeters (6 feet) could find it uncomfortable to use.
- Exercises that include an inclination or drop may be less comfortable if the seat is fixed but the back is adjustable.
4. The Bowflex 5.1S Stowable Bench Is The Best Option For Benches In Areas With Limited Space.
- The cost is greater than $300.
- Dimensions: 61.3 × 28.1 × 49.5 in. (155.6 × 71.3 × 125.8 cm).
- The load capacity is equal to 600 pounds. (272.7 kilogram).
- Degree range: 20-degree dip to 90-degree inclination.
- Warranty lasts for thirty years on the frame and one year on the upholstery.
The Bowflex 5.1S weight bench is an excellent choice if you have limited space but do not want to compromise on the product’s overall quality.
The space-saving design of the bench allows you to store it against a wall, in a closet, or even under a bed. The bench also includes wheels that make it easy to move it from one location to another.
The seat of the bench may be adjusted in height, and it also has a leg extension and six different back configurations, one of which is a -20-degree angle.
Having said that, there have been reports from a few customers that the space between the back and the seat is unsettling, while other customers have not found it to be an issue.
- Fully adjustable bench with options for an incline, a level surface, and a decline.
- Adequate carrying capacity for the vast majority of athletes.
- Length that is suitable for the majority of users’ heights.
- Folds for simple storage.
- Features a foot pad that can be removed and used to make decline exercises more stable.
- There have been a few complaints that the space between the backrest and the seat is awkward.
- Some reviews have mentioned that there are not enough options for the angle of the incline.
5. There’s Nothing Quite Like The Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench.
- Price: under 150$.
- Dimensions: 59 × 23.5 × 48.5 in. (150 × 59.7 × 123.2 cm).
- Weight capacity is a whopping 800 pounds. (363 kg).
- Degree range: -20-degree dip to 80-degree inclination.
- Warranty is for one year.
Another wonderful choice that takes up less room and is designed specifically for heavy lifting is provided by Fitness Reality in the form of their weight bench.
Despite the fact that it can be folded up, the bench has an astonishing 800 pound weight capacity. a load capacity of 363 kilograms and a design that is sturdy.
Additionally, it has 12 different positions that may be adjusted. This is greater than the majority of the other items now available on the market. In addition to this, it is suitable for users who are up to 6 feet and 4 inches tall, so it works well for persons who are taller. (193 cm) tall.
It is important to note that although this bench is a good option in general, there are some customers who find the cushion to be a little bit uncomfortable.
- Large load capacity that is suitable for carrying hefty objects.
- Fully adjustable bench that can be used in flat, incline, or decline positions, giving it the most flexibility out of any other bench on this list.
- Suited for all users.
- Folds for simple storage.
- Both the seat and the backrest can be adjusted.
- A number of reviewers have mentioned how uncomfortable the cushion is to sit on.
6. The Rogue Flat Utility Bench 2.0 Is Our Pick For The Best Flat Weight Bench.
- Price: $150–$300.
- Dimensions: 48 × 15 × 18 in. (122 × 38.1 × 45.7 cm).
- The load capacity is one thousand pounds. (454.5 kg).
- Degree range: flat.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame, and a period of ninety days on the upholstery.
Are you looking for a simple bench that is not only strong but also very sturdy and comes already put together? It’s possible that the Rogue Flat Utility Bench 2.0 is just what you’ve been looking for all along.
During your workout, you won’t have to worry about this bench moving around because its frame is made of a single piece of steel, the support leg is angled, and the foot pads are made of rubber.
A dense cushion is also included, which prevents your hand from sinking into the handle during specific workouts, such as single-arm bent-over rows.
Last but not least, the bench was manufactured by the reputable Rogue brand, which is widely recognized for making items of a superior standard.
- Outstanding load capacity that is suitable for working with hefty objects.
- Incredibly long-lasting and dependable.
- Warranty that lasts a lifetime on the frame.
- Cushioning composed of pleasant and dense foam.
- Comes completely put together.
- Doesn’t adjust, thus it’s not suited for incline or decline activities.
- Because it is shorter than most other benches, lying down on it for exercise may not be as comfortable for those who are tall.
7. Best High End Bench – PRIME Fitness Adjustable Bench.
- Price tag: more than $300 USD.
- Dimensions: 51 × 27 × 18 in. (130 × 69 × 46 cm).
- The load capacity is one thousand pounds. (454.5 kg).
- Degree range: 0–80 degrees.
- Warranty information is not available.
It’s possible that the PRIME Fitness Adjustable Bench is the best option for those individuals who are willing to pay on an exercise bench.
It comes with a variety of attachments, some of which include elbow pads and a foot attachment. In addition to that, it has an extra-wide back pad as well as five different incline positions. In addition to that, it has the capability of decreasing by 35%. When you upgrade to the XL model, you get not one, not two, but eighteen different incline settings.
This adjustable bench is not only more versatile than a regular flat bench in terms of the exercises it can accommodate, but it also features a steel construction and a padded seat, making it both more solid and more comfortable to use.
The one and only drawback? Given that it costs more than $600, purchasing this bench might be out of the question for many potential buyers.
- Fully Adjustable Bench With The Ability To Recline At An Angle, Rise, Or Remain Flat.
- Both The Seat And The Back Pad Are Adjustable.
- A High Load Capacity, Up To And Including One Thousand Pounds. – Suitable For Work That Requires A Lot Of Lifting.
- Accessory Add-Ons That Can Be Utilized With A More Diverse Selection Of Workouts.
- The most expensive item on our list, it’s possible that some people won’t be able to buy it.
- Extra fees for any attachments that aren’t required.
- The top bench that also includes a barbell rack
8. Rack Included With The Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench.
- Price: 150$ – 300$.
- Dimensions: 76 × 56 × 55 in. (193 × 142.2 × 139.7 cm).
- The maximum load allowed is 300 pounds. (136 kg).
- Degree range: undisclosed.
- Warranty information is not available.
If you’re putting together a home gym but don’t want the inconvenience — or the cost — of buying each item separately, this multifunction machine is a wonderful choice to consider. It can perform a variety of exercises.
Body Champ is known for making products of a high quality, and this particular device was produced by the company. It features an adjustable weight rack, a leg extension, an arm curl bar, an abdominal crunch attachment, and an adjustable bench with seven different settings.
Additionally, it is built to last with a sturdy solid-steel structure and provides a 300-pound capacity. a load capacity of 136 kg The degree ranges are not disclosed online by the manufacturer; however, the backrest can be adjusted to one of seven different positions, including flat, incline, and decline.
Even while it can be considered a home gym on its own, it does not come with any weight plates or a barbell.
- Fully adjustable bench with the ability to recline at an angle, rise, or remain flat.
- Resembling more a space-saving home gym, this unit comes complete with a rack and various other accessories for whole body training.
- Good 300-lb. A load capacity of 136 kilograms, which is suitable for the majority of exercises.
- Reviews that comment on the sturdy construction of the bench.
- Expenses accrued with the purchase of a barbell and weight plates.
- Because the bench is linked to the rack, it cannot be moved or utilized on its own.
- According to certain evaluations, the product might not be as comfortable for those who are taller than two meters.
- Seat not adjustable.
When Searching For A Weight Bench, These Are The Features You Should Look For.
It is crucial to have a strong and stable surface for every workout you do, but especially for weightlifting. Look for a bench that has rubber grips on the underside to keep it from sliding around and a level base that rests directly on the floor.
Be sure to pay particular attention to the dimensions, especially if space is at a premium in your home gym or if you intend to use the bench in conjunction with a power rack or another piece of home exercise equipment. In addition, if you are higher than 6 feet (183 cm), you will need to ensure that the bench is long enough to accommodate your height.
A Varying Degree Of Mobility.
The kind of bench that you require is another essential aspect to take into account. Flat benches are ideal for abdominal exercises and bench presses, while adjustable benches make it possible to do a wider range of activities.
Complementary Items And Attachments.
Although the most majority of benches are simply that—benches—certain models also come equipped with barbell racks, elbow pads, and leg extenders.
Ease Of Use
Adjusting certain benches is more simpler than doing so with others. Be sure to look through the feedback left by previous purchasers to locate a bench that can be moved and adjusted with a minimum of work.
Questions That Are Asked Frequently.
Is Investing On An Exercise Bench Worthwhile?
A home gym would benefit greatly from the addition of an exercise bench as a piece of equipment. A stable place to perform workouts in both a seated and a lying position is provided by a good bench.
Even though those who are just starting out with strength training might be able to get away without using a bench for a while, the vast majority of individuals who work out at home on a daily basis will eventually wish to make an investment in a good workout bench.
Which Workouts Are Most Suited For Using A Bench?
A wide variety of activities can be performed while seated on benches. For instance, you can utilize it for lying activities like as triceps skull crushers, dumbbell chest flyes, inclined reverse dumbbell flyes, and dumbbell bench presses.
Exercises such as dumbbell shoulder presses, concentration curls, and overhead dumbbell triceps extensions can also be performed seated on a bench.
However, this is hardly the end of the available choices. There are a variety of leg workouts that may be performed on a bench, including step-ups, Bulgarian split squats, and even sit-to-stand aided squats. In addition, you can make use of it as a support for exercises such as triceps bench dips, dumbbell rows, and inclined pushups.
Should I Get A Fixed-Height Bench Or One That Can Be Adjusted?
The kinds of exercises you intend to do should mostly guide your decision between working out on a fixed-height bench versus one that can be adjusted.
Flat benches, as opposed to adjustable benches, typically have a lower purchase price, and they are an excellent choice for performing conventional sitting or laying exercises. In spite of this, you can’t use them for exercises that call for an incline or decline, such the incline chest press, the reverse fly, or the decline abdominal work. These won’t work.
If you want to perform a greater variety of exercises for strength training, the best option is probably a bench that can be adjusted, but only if you intend to employ the incline and decline capabilities.
The Final Thought
A weight bench is a vital piece of equipment for any home gym since it enables you to execute an almost infinite variety of exercises, both with and without the use of weights.
Although selecting a bench might be a daunting task, the good news is that there is a solution on the market that can accommodate virtually any spending plan.
We are convinced that if you use this list as a guide, you will be able to locate a workout bench that caters to your training requirements in the most effective manner.