There are various lower body workouts that you can do regardless of your training experience. In the following paragraphs, there is a list of various exercises ranging from low impact lower body workouts, full body workouts, easy summer body workouts, and many others. If you are also looking forward to having workouts for a beach body, there are various exercises that will help you tone your body.
You can get lower body workouts that are beginner-friendly such as rope jump, squats, lunges, and many others. In addition to that, there are also high impact exercises such as deadlift, lateral jumps, cross over lunge, split squat, single-leg Romanian deadlift, and more.
Upper Body Workouts
When doing upper body workouts you will be targeting muscles such as the shoulders, triceps, biceps, forearms, chest serratus anterior, core and many others. There are various exercises that you can do to work those muscles. As such, you can strengthen, flex, stretch, tone some of these muscles depending on the exercise that you will be doing.
The advantage of working your upper body muscles such as shoulders is good for improving your posture good. In addition to that, the stronger upper body makes you do the push and pull activities with power.
Furthermore, those exercises are good at building muscle mass and bone density. Below are some upper body exercises that you can consider for various upper body muscles.
Shoulder exercises – deltoid raise, push press, dumbbell lateral raise, barbell overhead shoulder press, reverse pec deck fly
Arm exercises – kickboxing punches, tricep extension, bicep curls, side plank, plank sidewalk
Chest exercises – chest press, push-ups, bench dips, barbell bench press, cable crossover
Lower Body Workouts For Men
Giving your lower body attention when exercising is good. The lower body muscles also deserve to be pumped up. Having a stronger lower body keeps you marching on. Basically, lower body workouts work glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves muscles and many others. As such, there are different exercises that you can do to work those muscles.
Some exercises are good at working all those muscles at once, while others work other muscles more than the others. Therefore, you should know which exercises are good for which muscles. Below are the exercises that you can do to work your various lower body muscles.
Glutes – sumo squat, landmine squat press, walking lunges, single-leg deadlift, Bulgarian squat
Hamstrings – glute bridge, dumbbell donkey kick, clean deadlift, stiff leg dumbbell deadlift, air squat
Quads – squat jump, walking lunges, lateral lunge, Bulgarian split squat, step-up
Calves – jumping jacks, calves raise, box jumps, jump rope, Barbell calf raise
Lower Body Workouts For Women
There are different workouts that can be done by women to target their lower body muscles. Lower body exercises make you balance your body. Some lower body exercises that can be done by men can be done by women. Below are the exercises that can be done by women;
Single Leg Deadlifts
This exercise targets your glutes, hamstrings, calves, and ankle muscles. It strengthens and improves the muscle mass of those muscles. More so, it improves body balance and coordination. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Stand upright with your feet close to each other.
- Lift the right foot off the ground so that you balance with your left foot.
- Bend your left knee so that you bring your upper body forward and push the right foot backward.
- Return your body to the starting position.
- Repeat on one foot before exercising the other foot.
Walk Up Squat
This exercise is good for strengthening your hamstrings, glutes, quads, and calves. You don’t need any special equipment to do this exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the exercises;
- Start by kneeling on the floor with your news at hip-distance apart.
- Keep your hands locked by your chest.
- Rise up to a squat position and stand up-right.
- Then squat and return to the starting position kneeling to the floor.
- Repeat until you meet the number of preferred reps.
Lower Body Workouts At Home
Doing exercises at home might mean that you have a few gym equipments or you don’t have any equipment. As such, you do exercises that don’t need special gym equipment. And there are various exercises that you can do without equipment or with less equipment.
Below are the exercises that you can do at home to target your lower body muscles.
The bridge is one of the exercises that you can do to work your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. In addition to that, the exercise also hits your middle back muscles. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Firstly, lie on the floor facing upwards and bent your knees. Keep your feet close to each other and planted on the floor.
- Let your hands lie by your body sides.
- Then lift your hips and butt off the floor until you form a straight line from the knees to your chest.
- Finally, lower your body to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
In addition to the above, other exercises that you can safely do at home include side leg lift, hip circles, dumbbell hip thrust, dumbbell sumo squat, alternating leg lowers, and many others.
Lower Body Workouts Without Weights
If you don’t have the weights, you can do several exercises to target your lower body muscles. Some exercises have been mentioned above. Below are the exercises that you can do;
Single Leg Deadlift
The single led deadlift is an interesting exercise that works your lower body muscles. You can stretch or strengthen your lower body by doing this exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise.
- Stand with your feet close to each other
- Balance on your right foot and lift the left foot and stretch it backward.
- As you stretch your foot backward, bend your body until your torso is parallel to the ground. Stretch your left hand in front of you until your body is in a straight line.
- Return to the starting position and repeat as much as you can.
In addition to that, other lower body exercises that you can do include leg raises, calf raise, pencil jumps, rope jumps, and many others.
Lower Body Workouts For Beginners
There are easy exercises of low impact that can be done by beginners. The exercises are effective in working their lower body muscles. Below are beginner-friendly exercises;
This exercise works your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves. It is beginner-friendly, and you don’t need any equipment to do the exercise. Follow the steps below to do the exercise;
- Stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart close to a wall.
- Lean on the wall with your back.
- Lower yourself to a squat position with thighs parallel to the ground. Make sure that your back is against the wall.
- Pause in that position for 60 seconds.
- Repeat as much as you can.
In addition to the above workout other lower body exercises that you can do as a beginner include calf raises, glute bridge, ball squat, inner thigh ball squeeze, assisted lunges, and more.
Lower Body Workouts With Dumbbells
Using dumbbells makes the exercises more intense. In addition, to that, the dumbbells are good for improving body strength and bone density. Below are the exercises that you can do to target your lower body when you have the dumbbells.
Dumbbell Depth Sumo Squat
This is a strength exercise that works your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves. In addition to that, it is one of the upper and lower body workouts because it also works some upper body muscles such as the arms, abs, and shoulders. To do the exercise the steps below;
- Start by positioning 30 centimeters high boxes or any other stable object. Make sure that the boxes are at shoulder-width apart.
- While holding a dumbbell with both hands, stand on top of the boxes. Let the dumbbell hang in between your legs.
- Lower your body to a squat position or until the thighs are parallel to the ground. Let the dumbbell lower down.
- Finally, return to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Other lower body workouts that you can do when you have access to dumbbells include dumbbell reverse lunge, weighted glute bridge, Bulgarian split squat, dumbbell hip thrust, and more.
List Of Lower Body Exercises
There are various lower body exercises that you can do depending on your goals. Some exercises have been listed below. For instance, you can do beginner-friendly exercises, use weight, or do bodyweight exercises to target your lower body muscles. Below are various exercises that you can do;
Low impact – lateral band walk, donkey kick, glute bridge, donkey kick, monster walk, standing hip extension, hip bridge abduction
High impact – lateral jumps, cross over lunge, split squat, single-leg Romanian deadlift, jump squat, running
Lower Body Workouts For Athletes
To have that athletic that is strong, there are various exercises that you can do. The exercises are good at strengthening your body and lower body muscles. Below are the exercises that you can do;
bridge and hip thrust, Romanian deadlift, reverse lunge, high step-up, elevated bridge, and many others.
In conclusion, as you do the lower body exercises, your body benefits in various ways. The benefits depend on the types of exercises that you do. Lower body workouts mentioned in the above paragraphs have different benefits. Some are good for strengthening your muscles while others improve your bone density.
Others are good for stretching your muscles, while other exercises give you an athletic body. Interestingly, there are different body group workouts that you can choose from depending on your goals.
For instance, there are exercises that specifically work your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves.
Which exercises would you recommend to work lower body muscles? Share your experiences below.
Just click and join with free sign up, You have a great oppotunity to start your business.