There are various leg workouts for men at home that can be done to build muscle strength and mass. You should make sure that you do them properly to realize success. This article gives you many leg workouts for men at home. In addition to that, there is a list of leg exercises that can be done by women.
The exercises listed in the following paragraphs can be done with or without weights. Interestingly, there are leg and arms workouts, leg, and core workouts to target various muscles. The exercises are fully explained with easy instructions that you can follow to perform exercises correctly.
Leg Workouts At Home
Strengthening your lower body can be done at home with less equipment or without any equipment. You should make sure you do the exercises that primarily target the legs. In addition to that, you must do the exercises properly without cutting corners.
Some leg workouts for men at home that you can do include weighted hip bridges, lunges, dumbbell lateral lunge, alternating jump lunge, frog pump, and many others.
Leg Exercises At Home (No Equipment)
Without equipment, you can do leg workouts for men at home without weights and make them stronger by doing exercises that rely on your body weight. There are several exercises that you can do. For example, you can do a frog pump, hip bridge, alternating jump lunge, jump squats, jumping lunges, and more.
The jump squats are a variation of squats. The exercise is good for strengthening your calves, hamstrings, and quads muscles. Besides working the leg muscles, it also works with other muscles such as the core and lower back. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Stand upright with your feet at hip-width apart distance.
- Press your feet to the floor and jump upwards.
- Lower yourself to a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Jump up again and repeat the moves as much as you can.
The hip bridge is another exercise that doesn’t require any special equipment. You rely on your body weight to create resistance. The exercise works the hamstrings, obliques, hip abductors, and glutes muscles. As such, this is good as one of the leg and core workouts. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- Lie flat on the floor and face upwards.
- Bend your knees to plant your feet on the floor. Make sure that your fingertips can touch your heels.
- Then lift your hips up to make them be in line with your knees and shoulders.
- Lower the hips down to the starting position.
Leg Workout (At Home With Dumbbells)
If you have dumbbells at home, you can take advantage of them to do leg and arm workouts. The dumbbells are good at strengthening and developing your muscle mass. Using dumbbells can also work your arm muscles. Below are the leg workouts for men at home with dumbbells.
The side lunge is a strength exercise. As such, it strengthens your calves, hamstrings, and quads muscles. In addition to that, the exercise works your arm muscles such as forearms. More so, it works your lower back and glutes muscles. To do the exercise, follow the steps below;
- While holding dumbbells with your hands, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart. Let the dumbbells hang by your body sides with palms facing inward.
- Let your right foot step sideways and stretch it wider with the left foot bent at the knee to form a 90-degree angle. Pause for 2 seconds and bring back the feet to the starting position.
- Repeat on leg and then alternate to exercise the other leg.
Leg Exercises At Home For Women
Women can also strengthen their leg muscles. Strengthening your leg muscles keeps active and you can do your movement without challenges. Below are the exercises that can be done by women;
Dumbbell Swing Through
The dumbbell swing through exercises works the hamstrings, glutes, quads, and calves. It makes these muscles stronger to reduce injury risks. In addition to that, the exercise is also as good as one of the leg and arm workouts because it works both the legs and arms. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Hold a dumbbell with your hands and stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder-width apart distance.
- Swing the dumbbell from an upper position while squatting. Bring the dumbbell in between your legs.
- Rise up and swing the dumbbell until it reaches above your head.
- Repeat the moves and swing the dumbbell to a squat position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
This is another exercise that can be done by women at home. With this exercise, you don’t need any equipment. The jumping lunges strengthen your hamstrings and quads. Additionally, it is also good at developing your glutes and calves muscles. Furthermore, this is an exercise that will leave you out of breath. It makes you develop stability. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- Stand upright and let your left foot get into a lunge position.
- Then jump upward and switch the feet in the air before landing on the ground to a lunge position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Home leg workouts for mass
Having strong legs with big muscles requires you to exercise consistently. In addition to that, you must also do the exercises that will help you build muscle mass properly. Below are the best leg workouts for mass
This exercise can build your leg muscle mass successfully. It targets the calves, hamstrings, quads, glutes and hip abductors To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Hold a kettlebell with both hands against your chest and stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Squat and let your right foot and leg go sideways with the left foot bent.
- Rise up to the starting position and exercise the left leg.
- Repeat while alternating legs to meet your preferable number of reps.
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
This is another exercise that you can use to build leg muscle mass. It targets your hamstrings, glutes, and erector spinae. In addition to that, it improves your arm strength and shoulders. To do the exercise, follow the instructions below;
- Stand with feet at shoulder width apart and grasp a barbell with an overhand grip.
- Bend your knees a bit and bend your waist to lower the barbell to the floor.
- Rise up again and make sure that the barbell is closer to your body.
- Repeat the moves to reach the preferable number of sets and reps.
Leg Workout Without Weights For Mass
As much as the weights might make you develop your muscle mass faster, you can always do bodybuilding exercises to improve your leg muscles. There are exercises that don’t require weights to develop muscle mass. Below are the exercises that you can do;
Single Leg Deadlifts
The single leg deadlifts exercise is good for strengthening and improving the muscle mass of your leg muscles. It works the calves, hamstrings, ankles, and glutes. In addition to that, it improves body balance and coordination. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Stand upright with your feet close to each other.
- Lift the right foot off the ground so that you balance with your left foot.
- Bend your left knee so that you bring your upper body forward and push the right foot backward.
- Return your body to the starting position.
- Repeat on one foot before exercising the other foot.
Touch Down Jacks
This exercise hit your calves, glutes, and hamstrings. It makes your leg muscles stronger to lower injuries. However, you will need a resistance band to do the exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise.
- Place a resistance band around your legs slightly below your knees.
- Stand upright with feet slightly closer to each other.
- Push your feet outward and jump into a squat position with your feet wider than your hip-width apart distance. Touch the ground with one hand.
- Repeat alternating your hands to touch the ground.
How To Build Leg Muscle Without Weights
To build leg muscles without weight, you should make sure that you do exercises that many targets your leg muscles such as calves, hamstrings, quads, and many others. Be consistent in doing the exercises. In addition, choosing the right exercises will make you build the leg muscles successfully without the use of weights. Some exercises have been mentioned above.
You can use a resistance band in place of the weight and add more resistance to your exercises. For instance, you can do the resistance band Romanian deadlift exercises, resistance hip bridge, resistance squats, and many other exercises. These exercises can be done with the use of weights to make them more intense, but replacing weights with a resistance band can make the exercises intense.
Leg Day Workout
As you plan your leg day workout, you should make sure that your exercises work the leg muscles properly. You can always mix exercises. For instance, you can always do leg and arm workouts, leg workouts no weight or weight. Have a variety of exercises that will hit your leg muscles in different ways.
There are many leg workouts for men at home that you can do to improve your strength and muscle mass. Whether you have weights or no weights, you can strengthen your legs successfully. You should make sure that you do exercises that primarily target the leg muscles such as calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes.
For example, some leg workouts for men at home with weight include side lunge, dumbbell swing through, cossack squat, goblet squats, and many others. However, if you do not have the weights, you can do exercises such as touch down jacks, jumping lunges, jumping squats, hip bridge, and many others.
Have you tried leg workouts at home? Which exercises would you suggest? Share your experiences below.
Earn Up to $10k Per Month by Online Business My
#1 Recommendation Method