The inner chest muscles are good for improving your mobility. Building and strengthening those muscles does not only make you look great but it also makes it easy to do your day to day moves easily. In this article, there is a list of many exercises that you can do to develop inner chest muscles.
The article provides different exercises that you can do at home or at the gym. There are exercises that you can do without using the gym equipment such as push-ups variations. However, if you have access to gym equipment, this article offers a list of exercises that you can do.
Some of them include dumbbell press, cable cross over. For more info on the inner chest workout, you can read more below.
Upper Inner Chest Workout
This exercise gives your inner chest tension. Additionally, the squeeze press gives the inner cleavage muscles good exercise. And it is a pain-free exercise that also engages your arm muscles. This exercise is also known as the Hex Press squeeze. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Start by lying on your back on top of the bench with your butt and upper back on top of the bench.
- Follow by taking the dumbbells to your hands.
- Bring the dumbbells together on top of your chest.
- Then lift the dumbbells up over the chest. You should make sure that they are touching each other.
- Finally, lower the dumbbells to your chest, and make sure that they are next to each other.
Inner Pec Push-Up
This exercise is good at developing the chest muscles. In addition to that, it builds the chest greatly. More so, you don’t only work out the chest muscles, but the triceps also get exercised. To do the exercise, follow the steps below;
- Get into a push-up position and plant your palms into the floor closer to each other.
- Lower your body; bringing your chest a few inches towards the floor.
- Push your body up to the plank position.
Single Arm Chest Fly
- Set up the machine and make sure that the handle is at a reachable and comfortable distance.
- You can sit down or stand on your feet at hip-width apart.
- Grasp the handle with your right hand and make sure that your arm is fully stretched.
- Then pull the handle in front of your body
- Push back the hand to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves to your satisfaction before exercising the other hand.
Lower Inner Chest Workout
There are several exercises that you can do to target the lower chest muscles. For instance, some of them include a decline barbell press, decline machine press, incline push-up, single bar dips, and many others. Below are some exercises that you can do.
Decline Barbell Press
This exercise primarily targets the lower portion of the pectoralis major. In addition, it also engages other muscles such as triceps, upper pecs, delts, and more. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Set the decline bench at 45-degree angle and lie on the bench facing up.
- Grab the bar with your hands at shoulder-width apart.
- Then unrack the bar and hold it up overhead.
- Bend the arms and lower the bar to your lower pecs
- Touch your torso with the bar and then push it back to the starting position.
This is a beginner-friendly exercise that targets the chest muscles. Besides that, the incline push-up exercises the triceps and delts. Additionally, the back and abs also get engaged as you do the push-ups. You will need a bench or a table to do this exercise. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Start by standing at hip-width facing the bench
- Bend and put your hands on the edge of the bench. Your hands must be wider than shoulder-width. Then the arms must be straight but don’t lock the elbows.
- Then bend the elbows and lower your chest towards the bench.
- After that, push your body up to the starting position.
Lower Chest Workout
Having defined pecs and the strong chest is not only great but it makes you perform your upper body movements easily. A strong chest helps a lot with your upper body mobility. In addition to that, having a strong chest makes it easy to do your day-to-day activities and motion easily without experiencing injuries.
There are many exercises that you can do to target your lower chest muscles. Below are some workouts that you can do to give your chest a wow factor.
Cable Cross Over
This exercise targets the lower chest muscles. More so, the exercise also engages the arm muscles as you pull the cables. However, you need the cable machine to perform the moves. To do the exercise follow the following steps;
- Start by setting up the cable machine. Make sure that the pulley is over your head.
- Grasp the handles; your palms must be facing down.
- Move to stand in the middle of a cable machine.
- Then pull the handles down across your body.
- Finally, return your arms to the starting position.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
Parallel Bar Dips
This exercise is also good in the chest muscles. To do it follow the steps below;
- Start by setting the bars to be parallel to the ground.
- Grab the bars and use your arms to push your body up above the bars.
- Then lower your body by bending the arms and leaning your torso forward. You must feel your chest is stretched.
- Repeat as much as you can.
Killer Inner Chest Workout
There are various exercises that you can do to chisel your chest. In addition, the exercises can give your chest a great look and make it stronger as well. For example, some exercises that you can do include diamond push-up, barbell bench press, hammer squeeze press, wide push-up, and many others. You can do these exercises by following the steps below.
Hammer Squeeze Press
- Start by setting the bench between 15 to 45-degree angle.
- Sit on the bench and incline on it while holding the dumbbells. Bring the dumbbells closer to each other on top of your chest and put a ball in between the dumbbells.
- Push up your arms until they are fully extended. Press the ball in between the dumbbells.
- Keep on squeezing as you lower your arms to let the dumbbells rest on your chest.
- Repeat the motion and keep on squeezing the ball.
There are many push-ups variations. For instance, to make the push-up more intense, you can do some variations such as the wide push-up, diamond push-up, and many others. Interestingly, you don’t need gym equipment. To do the exercise follow the steps below
- Lie down on the floor with your hands wider than the shoulder width.
- Stiffen your body and push up your upper body from the floor. Engage the chest and arm muscles.
- Pause in that position for a second. Finally, lower your body to the floor.
- You can do up to 25 reps.
Inner Chest Workouts At Home
Having well defined chest muscles is not always the gym equipment results. There are various exercises that you can do at without any equipment to strengthen your chest muscles.
Some exercises have been discussed. For example, the push-up variations are some exercises that don’t need the equipment. Below is a list of exercises that you can do at home to target the inner chest muscles.
- Diamond push-ups
- Wide push-up
- Decline push-up
- Incline push-up
- Chest dips
Inner Chest Workout Without Weights
Not lifting weights does not mean you cannot build and strengthen your muscles. You can have a well good-looking chest by exercising without the weights. All you need to do is to find an exercise that you can do to replace those exercises that you can do using the gym equipment.
For instance, the bench press exercise can be replaced by the close grip press-up. The close grip press-up exercise targets the chest muscles like the bench press exercises. Below are some exercises that you can do without weights.
- Inner chest push-ups
- Decline close-grip push-ups
- Dip push-ups
- Narrow push-ups
- One leg press-ups
Inner Chest Workout With Dumbbells
To pump up your pecs, you can do various dumbbell exercises. By using dumbbells; you can challenge your muscles and make the workout more intense.
Interestingly, the dumbbells can accommodate other gym equipment. For instance, you can use the dumbbells and the medicine ball or a band at the same time. Some dumbbell exercise that targets the inner chest muscles include;
- Dumbbell crossover
- Dumbbell fly
- Squeeze press
- Dumbbell flyes with a resistance band
In conclusion, building inner chest muscles can be done with or without the gym equipment. Additionally, there are so many exercises that you can do to have well-defined chest muscles.
For instance, if you don’t have the equipment, you can do exercises such as diamond push-ups. Furthermore, some best inner chest workouts that you can do include chest dips, decline push-ups, incline push-ups, and many others.
If you have equipment such as dumbbells, cable machines, and more, you can do several exercises and have that massive chest that draws everyone’s attention. For example, some exercises that you can do include dumbbells cross over, dumbbell fly, cable cross over, and more.
You can find many more of the exercises that you can do to target your inner chest muscles in the above text.
Which exercises do you highly recommend that target the inner chest muscles? Share your experience below.
Earn Up to $10k Per Month by Online Business My
#1 Recommendation Method