As you plan to focus on your bicep muscles, make sure that you know various exercises that are good at primarily targeting those particular muscles. If you have some equipment at home or even home chest exercise equipment, you can do some bicep exercises at home. There are different bicep workouts at home that you can do with minimal or without equipment.
In the following paragraphs, you won’t get any TRX chest exercises but you will be equipped with a lot of bicep workouts that you can safely do at home. And there are detailed steps or instructions that you can follow to do the exercises properly.
You can get bicep exercises with dumbbells and without weights. Besides the biceps exercises, there are also various exercises that can help you to strengthen your shoulders, triceps, and back muscles.
Bicep Workouts At Home Without Equipment
Having stronger arms can be safely done even at home with less equipment or without equipment. Women with stronger arms have a leeway of doing the day-to-day activities easier. Additionally, they can lift things from one place to another without a hassle. And having stronger arms lower injuries.
Exercising at home does not mean that you are doing easy workouts. There are great exercises that can do without equipment and realize great benefits. Below are the exercises that you can safely do at home.
Bicep Curls With Your Leg
This is one of the bodybuilding exercises that you can do at home without any equipment. Yes, you can build your bicep muscles with this exercise. Follow the instructions to do the exercise;
- Firstly, sit on a chair or a bench with your feet planted on the floor.
- Fold your palm to a fist and take your right hand to reach under the left thigh. Make sure that your hand is under the lower part of the thigh closer to the knee.
- Use your arm to lift the thigh as high as you can towards your chest.
- Return your hand to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
This is another exercise that you can do to build and strengthen your biceps. In addition to that, it also works your deltoids, triceps, abs, and other lower body muscles. It can be done at home without using any gym equipment. You just need something elevated to place your hands. This is how you do an incline push up at home;
- Start by placing your hands on a bench and make sure that they are at shoulder width apart. Keep your feet securely planted on the floor.
- Then lower your body towards the bench by bending your arms.
- Push up your body back to the starting point.
- Repeat the movement as much as you can.
Bicep Workouts At Home With Dumbbells
Dumbbells are also good to use if you want to build muscle mass and make your arms stronger. Interestingly, there are a lot of exercises that you can take advantage of to build your bicep muscles.
But you should make sure that you know the form of doing those particular exercises to avoid injury risks. And most importantly, if you are still learning the form, use the light weights to minimize injury risks. Below are the dumbbell exercises that you can do;
This exercise is good for making your arms strong and making your biceps big. In addition to that, it also works your serratus anterior and forearms. Below are the steps that you can follow to do the exercise;
- Stand with your feet at hip-width apart and hold a pair of dumbbells with an underhand grip.
- Make sure that your arms are on your body side with palms facing outward.
- Then curl the weight up to a 45 degree angle or until they form a W shape.
- Lower your arms slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Isolated Single Arm Curls
This is another dumbbell exercise that is good at building your bicep muscles. More so, you can do this exercise at home. You don’t need a lot of space to do the isolated single arm curls. This is how you do it;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart. Make sure that you are holding the dumbbells with an underhand grip.
- Extend your arms out to form a T shape and let your palms face upwards.
- Then curl one arm by bending it on the elbow to make a 90 degree angle. Make sure that the other arm is fully stretched out.
- Return the curled arm to the starting position and repeat to do the intended reps on one arm before switching.
- Then exercise the other arm if you are done with the first one.
Back Workouts At Home
Exercising your back is important for maintaining a healthy posture. There are a lot of back exercises that you can do at home with or without equipment. Below are some exercises that are good for your back;
This is one of the best exercises for overweight females. It seems to be easier to do but it is really effective in strengthening your body if you master the exercise. Interestingly, you do the exercise while lying down on the floor. Follow the steps below to do the superman exercise;
- Lie on the floor on your stomach with your feet fully extended as well as your arms.
- Keep your neck and head in a neutral position.
- Lift your arms and legs off the floor and pause at the top of the movement.
- Return your arms and feet down to the floor.
- Repeat the movement as much as you can.
This is another exercise that you can do at home without any equipment. The bridge exercise strengthens your back muscles and it is therapeutic. Besides working your back muscles. This exercise also works your glutes as well as hamstrings. This is how you do the exercise;
- Firstly, lie on the floor on your back and keep your arms flat on the floor by your body side.
- Bend your knees to plant your feet on the floor.
- Lift your back off the floor until your shoulders and hips form a straight line.
- Pause in that position for 20 seconds before lowering your body.
- Repeat the moves.
Tricep Workouts At Home
For your tricep muscles, there are different exercises that you can do at home. And you don’t have to visit a gym to strengthen your tricep muscles. Below are the triceps exercises that you can do at home;
This is one of the most popular exercises for working your tricep muscles. In addition to that, you use other muscles such as forearms, serratus anterior, and deltoids. Follow the steps below to do the tricep extensions properly;
- While holding a dumbbell, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Place the dumbbell behind your head and make sure that you are holding it securely with both hands.
- Then raise your arms up above your head until the arms are fully extended.
- Return your dumbbell behind your head or to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement to reach the intended number of reps and sets.
In addition to the tricep extensions, other exercises that you can do include tricep dips and tricep kickbacks.
Shoulder Workouts At Home
Having stronger shoulders is good for maintaining a good posture. In addition to that, having stronger shoulder muscles makes it easy to lift things without exposing yourself to injuries. Below are various shoulder workouts to do at home.
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
This is a strength exercise that you can do to target your shoulder muscles. You can do the dumbbell lateral raise exercise at home or at the gym. However, make sure that you do the exercise properly to avoid injuries. Follow the steps below to do the exercise;
- Holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart. Make sure that your arms are hanging and your hands are facing inward.
- Lift the dumbbells up until the arms are parallel to the ground or are at shoulder level. Pause for a second at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
In addition to the dumbbell lateral raise, other exercises that you can do to target your shoulder muscles include bent over lateral raise, military press, half kneeling shoulder press, renegade row, and many others.
At Home Arm Workouts Without Weights
For your arms, there are a lot of workouts that you can do. You can exercise your arms at home without the weights. What matters is knowing the right exercises to do and make sure that you do them properly. Below is a list of arm exercises that you can safely do at home;
- Tricep dips
- Arm circles
- Plank sidewalk
- Downward dog
- Plank tap
- Diamond pushup
Bicep Workouts Without Weights At Home
If you do not have the weights at home and you want to exercise your arms, there are a lot of exercises that you can do. If you want to specifically target your bicep muscles, you can also work them without the use of weights. Below are the bicep exercises that you can do at home;
- One arm push-ups
- Resistance band bicep curl
- Isometric towel curl
- Bicep pushup
Women can build and strengthen their bicep muscles the way they want. And there are a lot of biceps exercises that can be done by women. Whether they want to do them at the gym or at home, there are various exercises for any environment. Interestingly, bicep workouts at home are beginner friendly and most of them do not require a lot of equipment.
From the various exercises mentioned above, some of them are not just bicep exercises but are also chest exercises for women. That is the women can hit a lot of upper body muscles by just doing the bicep exercises. And some bicep exercises that you should try out include bicep curls with your legs, bicep push-ups, resistance band bicep pushups, and many others mentioned above.
Which bicep exercises would you recommend for a female who wants to do home workouts. Share your experiences below.