Being a senior does not mean you should allow your body to weaken further. Fitness is important. Flabby arms shouldn’t be associated with seniors. Flabby arm exercises for seniors should be taken into consideration to reduce arm flab.
In the following text, there are different exercises that are good for seniors. These exercises can help seniors to strengthen and tone their upper arm muscles.
There are exercises that can be done using weight, gym machines, resistance bands, and more.
We all know that seniors are fragile, therefore; they might need to be comfortable when exercising. Hence, this article also gives various exercises that can be done while seated.
Exercises For Flabby Arms And Bat Wings
Having flabby arms is not welcome to almost everyone. Even seniors also want to eliminate the flabby arms.
There are various flabby arm exercises for seniors that they can do regardless of their age. Being old does not mean you cannot enjoy the effects of exercising.
It is common for seniors to have flabby arms due to various factors. Some of the factors that cause flabby arms to seniors include weak muscles and aging.
As such, seniors can do different exercises that can tone the muscles and destroy the flabby skin.
Are the arm machine exercises safe for seniors? Which exercises are good for the seniors?
Below are some answers;
- Pulley tricep extension
- Lat pulldown
- Lying triceps extension
- Delt Raise
Some of the above exercises involve the use of the machine. Yes, seniors can take advantage of the machine to tone their arm muscles.
For instance, the two exercises; Pulley tricep extension and lat pulldown are arm machine exercises. And these exercises are good to do if you are targeting your arm muscles.
Interestingly, the other two exercises require weight. Seniors can use weight to improve their muscle tone.
The good thing about weight is that they can choose a weight that they can manage. Weight lifting does not only tone muscles, but it improves muscle strength.
Some exercises are suitable for seniors as they can be one while seated or lying.
Flabby Arm Exercises Without Weights
If for some reason you cannot access weight, there are different exercises that you can do to deal with your flabby arms.
You can use your body resistance to target your arm muscles. If you have access to various gym machines such as the pulldown machine; you can use them.
Below are several exercises that you can do if you do not have weights;
This is one of the well-known exercises. If you didn’t know, this exercise can help you tone your arm muscles.
It is good at reducing fat that can cause flabby arms. Interestingly, you can do this exercise while seated or standing. Below are the instructions on how to do arm circles;
- Stand upright on your feet and raise your arms sideways until they are at shoulder height level.
- Then move your arms in circles.
- You can repeat as much as you can.
This is another exercise that is beginner-friendly to seniors. But it is highly effective in making the arms stronger and shed off some weight. This is how you can do the kickboxing punches.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart or hip width apart.
- Bend your elbows to fold your arms near your chest but keep the fists below your chin.
- Then throw a punch by extending your arm in front of you forcefully.
- Repeat and throw punches with one arm. And then alternate your arms to exercise the other arm.
Besides these exercises, some exercises for fighting flabby arms include push-ups, rolling push-ups, tricep dips, plank sidewalk, and more. But these exercises might be quite challenging for seniors.
However, those who are fit enough to do them can do the exercise to make their arms more beautiful again.
Women’s Exercise For Flabby Arms
Flabby arms are usually a woman’s issue. However, men also get affected. Most of the exercises mentioned above can be done by both men and women.
For women to get rid of those flabby arms, they can try different exercises. Exercises must be good at toning and strengthening the arms. Below are the exercises that can be done by women to tone their arms;
This is one of the dumbells arm exercises that strengthen your arms. In addition to that, it also tones your arms. The exercise primarily targets the upper arms.
As such, it is a good exercise for reducing arm fat and for reducing weak muscles around the upper arm. This is how you do the bicep curls properly;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Let your arms be your body side.
- Then curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders. Make sure that you do not let your arms swing when curling the weight up.
- Lower the weight to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves to reach the preferred number of reps.
Besides this exercise, other exercises that are good at reducing fat and loose skin around your upper arms include the V-exercises, hug a tree, bicep curl to push press, and more.
Interestingly. These exercises involve the use of weight. The lightweight arm exercises are good for seniors.
But there are other exercises that can be done without weight such as superman, rolling pushups, and many others.
Flabby Arms Before And After Exercise
Memories are a great way of reminding you where you come from. Taking pictures of your flabby arms before and after the exercise will help you to track your progress.
If you work seriously to target your upper arms muscles, you can realize the change after some time. You just have to be consistent in what you do. Have a schedule and a workout plan.
Make sure that you follow that plan. If you don’t know what you are doing, you can always consult a fitness specialist who can help you to achieve the best results in fighting flabby arms.
Upper Arm Exercises For Seniors
Upper arms exercises are good for primarily targeting the underarm flab. There are a lot of exercises that target the upper arm but not all of them can be done by seniors. Below are some exercises that are good for seniors;
Bent Over Rows
This is a strength exercise that can be done by seniors. Besides targeting your upper arms, it also works your shoulders.
It is good at increasing your shoulder range of motion. More so, it also strengthens the shoulders. This is how you do the bent-over rows exercise;
- Place a barbell in front of you and position yourself by standing with your feet at hip-width apart. Make sure that you choose a weight that you can manage.
- Then grasp the bar with your hands wider than shoulder-width apart distance. Make sure that your hands are grasping with an overhand grip.
- Lift the bar up to the chest and pause before returning it to the floor.
- Repeat the move.
Other exercises that are good for seniors include shoulder rolls, triceps kickbacks, bicep curls, and more.
Seated Arm Exercises For Seniors
Seniors might need to exercise in their comfort zone. Exercising seated can be warmly welcomed by many seniors as it makes them exercise relaxed.
There are different exercises that seniors can do while they are seated. Below are different exercises that they can do while seated to target their upper arm muscles.
- Seated rows
- Seated bicep curls
- Chair tricep extension
- Shoulder press with dumbbells
- Seated front shoulder raises
Small Ball Hand And Arm Chair Exercises For Seniors
Having an exercise ball can also give seniors an alternative to exercise their arms. The medicine ball arm exercises are good because the balls are not too heavy.
Interestingly, the front arm raise is one of the exercises that can be done by seniors while seated. This is how you do the front arm raise.
- While seated, hold a ball with your palms and make sure that the hands are facing each other. Let the ball rest on your laps with your arms extended.
- Then lift the ball up to your shoulder height.
- Lower the ball to your laps and repeat the moves until you reach your preferred number of reps.
Resistance Band Arm Exercises For Seniors
As such, the exercise can be done by seniors to work their arm muscles. This is how you do the rubber band arm exercises;
- While seated, grasp a resistance band and hold both ends with your hands.
- Then bring the resistance band to your upper back and keep on holding it with your hands.
- Let your upper arms be by your body side bend your arms to form a 45-degree angle.
- Then push the arms forward until your arms are fully stretched.
- Return your arms to the starting position. Repeat the moves.
As seniors grow older, their muscles weaken as well. Older people end up having flabby arms due to weak arms muscles and upper arm fat. However, there are flabby arm exercises for seniors that can help the situation.
There are various exercises that they can do to tone and strengthen the upper arm muscles. Such exercises can reduce arm flab.
These exercises include strength exercises such as bent-over rows, bicep curls, and many others.
However, there are other exercises that can do while seated. These include the resistance band push out, front arm raise, and many others in the above text.