Being a senior does not mean you have to forget about fitness and that beach body. Flabby arms are annoying and as a senior, you can get rid of them. There are many exercises for flabby arms over 60. This article discusses flabby arm exercises for seniors. If you are a senior struggling to get rid of underarm fat, this article will assist you to get toned arms. For example some of the exercises that you can do include, shoulder press, curls, dips, and many others that will be discussed in detail below.
Old Lady Arms Exercises
As you grow older the skin loses elasticity and it becomes fragile. As such the skin start sagging and hanging loosely. This becomes more visible in the arms. For instance, the upper arms start showing off the hanging loose skin underarm. The flabby skin underarms can be caused by weak muscles to hold up the skin. As such, as a senior, you will need to do exercises that will strengthen the muscles around the arms and also make the skin firm and tone to avoid underarm flab.
In addition, the muscles that are found in upper arms include biceps and triceps. Therefore, working on these muscles can assist you to get rid of armpit fat. As such, you might need to do exercises that target the biceps and triceps. Below are some arm exercises that can be done by an old lady.
The traditional curls exercise targets the biceps. As such, if you want to tone your biceps, this is the best exercise for you. Almost anyone can use dumbbells, so seniors cannot be exempted. The good thing about traditional curls is that they can be easily done at home. It can also be done while seated or standing. Below are the steps that you can take to the curls;
- Hold dumbbells with your palms. Your arms can be hanging by your side with palms facing upfront.
- Bend elbows towards your shoulders without moving upper arms.
- Squeeze biceps before lowering the arms to the starting position.
Overhead Triceps Extension
This is another exercise that targets the biceps muscles. In addition to that, you can build strong muscles that can help you to tone the underarm flab. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Stand on your feet shoulder-width distance and hold dumbbells
- Push your hands up over your head, and lower the dumbbells behind your head. Your arms may form 90 degrees as they bend behind your head.
- Straighten your arms up and bend them again behind your head.
- Repeat as much as you can.
This is an easy exercise that can be done anywhere. And you don’t need additional gym equipment. Furthermore, the exercise is good for toning biceps and triceps. It can also build muscle mass around shoulders and arms. To do the exercise, follow the steps below;
- Stand and make sure that your feet are shoulder-width apart. You can also do this exercise while seated. Make sure that your arms stretched out and parallel to the ground
- Start making circles with arms moving forward t make circles. You may feel your triceps being stretched.
- Reverse the circles motion after 10 seconds.
This exercise does not only exercise your triceps and biceps but it also strengthens shoulders and the neck. To do this simple exercise follow the steps below;
- Stand with your feet close to each other and lift your arms to be parallel to the floor.
- Then raise your arms further up and rotate them backwards in a 360-degree motion like a windmill.
- Repeat this 15 times
This exercise is so easy and can be done when seated. As you do the waves, you stretch arm muscles. In addition, the moves can also tone your arms. Below are the steps to do the exercise;
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Then raise your arms to be at the shoulder level and parallel to the ground.
- Make sure that your upper arms are still and start waving. Move your palms and increase the speed.
- Wave 100 times and do 3 sets.
This exercise is good for strengthening your upper body. Additionally, it can also help you to shed off some kilos that might be causing armpit fat. As you do the punching moves, you strengthen your chest, shoulders and arm muscles. Furthermore, you might do the jabs moves without equipment or with a punching bag or dumbbells. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Stand on your feet shoulder-width apart. You can bend your knees slightly
- Then bend your arms to form a 90-degree
- Start doing the punching motion. As you punch, straighten your arm with your palms facing on the floor. Then bend the arm to the starting position.
Exercises For Flabby Arms And Bat Wings
Having flabby arms and bat wings makes it difficult to wear your sleeveless clothes. Seniors also suffer from the same thing. Ageing results in weak muscles and wrinkles. In addition to that, weight gain can also lead to bat wings and armpit fat. As such, to deal with the flabby arms and bat arms, the seniors can do some exercises to fight weight gain and weak muscles.
This exercises can be done seated or while standing. The exercise can increase the shoulder and core muscles. In addition to that, it works the trapezius and triceps. This exercise is also good to do if you want to lose weight. It can help you trim your arm fat and have the summer body. To do the exercise follow the steps below;
- Sit on a chair or a bench and hold dumbbell each in your hand.
- Lift the dumbbells up to form a 90-degree angle with both your arms.
- Then lift the dumbbells over the head.
- Bring the arms back to the starting position.
The tricep kickback workout is another exercise that can strengthen arm muscles as well as upper body muscles. As you stretch your arms backwards, you can challenge the upper arm muscles. And this exercise can also help you to lose armpit fat. Below are the steps you can follow to do the exercise;
- Stand on your feet at hip-width apart
- Hold the dumbells and make sure that your palms are, facing each other.
- Hinge at the waist bending forward a bit. Make sure that your spine is straight.
- Extend your arms backwards until they are parallel to the ground.
In addition to the above exercise, you can also do reverse flyes, in and out curls, inside curls, swimming, curl holds and many more other exercises that can reduce armpit fat.
Exercises For Flabby Arms Over 50
Women over 50 can do various exercises to keep them fit with their beach bodies. Therefore, if you are having annoying flabby arms, you can get rid of them by doing several exercises. In addition, you can also do intense exercises to keep unnecessary fat at bay. Below are some exercises that you can do to get rid of flabby arms.
There are many push-up variations that you can do. As a senior, the body muscles might be fragile and they may fail you to do some physical activities. Therefore, when it comes to push-ups, you can choose a variation that works for you. Some of the push-ups variations include wall push-ups, bent-knee push-ups, tabletop push-up and traditional push-ups. These are easy to do and are ideal for those who are not used to exercising.
Dumbbell V Raise
- Stand on your feet at shoulder-width apart
- Hold dumbells in your hands
- Raise your arms up to form a V-shape
- Bring back the arms to the starting position
- Repeat the move
This is another exercise that can help you to tone the flabby arms. It might be difficult for some seniors. But if you can, bench dip is the best exercise that you can do to keep your arm muscles stronger. To do the bench dip exercise follow the steps below;
- Start by sitting on a chair or a bench with your feet planted on the floor
- Extend your legs by walking your feet forward
- Then lift your butt off the chair with your hands holding onto the chair. Your arms can be extended
- Lower your body towards the floor until your arms give a 90-degree angle
- Push back your body to the starting position.
Exercises For Bat Wings Over 60
As a 60-year-old senior, having flabby arms can be a result of many reasons. But working on making those arms sexy is more than welcome. Therefore, doing exercises that target the arm muscles can reduce armpit fat and unwanted flabby skin. In addition, you can do some of the exercises that have been outlined above. Some of the exercises that you can do include;
Flabby Arms Before And After
The above exercises can help you lose armpit fat and have toned arms. You can challenge yourself by taking pics before starting the exercises for flabby arms. In addition, you may start seeing a change after a week if you are training seriously. More so, you can keep on tracking your progress by taking the pics weekly. You may enjoy comparing the before and after pics due to the amazing progress.
As a senior, ageing might be giving you a hard time. Maintaining your body fit might be difficult and you may be developing underarm fat and unwanted flabby arm skin. However, there are exercises for flabby arms over 60. The exercises discussed above such as bench dips, curls, shoulder press and many others can help you to get rid of arm fat. Therefore, it’s possible to lose arm fat in one week and enjoy wearing your summer clothes.
Recommend exercises for flabby arms over 60. Which exercises can reduce underarm fat?