There are many push-ups variations that you can do to work your upper body muscles. In this article, we discuss the diamond push-ups variations. This variation is discussed in detail by giving instructions on how to do it. In addition to that, the article discussed the benefits of the push-ups and the muscles worked by the diamond push-ups. Besides that, there is a comparison of the regular push-ups with diamond push-ups. There are also different push-ups variations that you can do.
With so many push-ups variations; can you do push ups everyday? Let’s get into more details about diamond push-ups.
Diamond Push-Ups Vs Regular
The push-ups are well known for working the upper body muscles. Particularly, the push-ups are good for working the chest muscles. However, there are so many push-ups variations. The variations have a different impact on your upper body muscles. The form of the diamond push-ups and regular push-ups is similar. However, when it comes to the diamond push-ups, your hands will be planted on the floor closer to each other compared to the regular push-ups.
The position of hands between the diamond and regular push-ups makes the exercises focus on muscles differently. For instance, regular push-ups are good for chest muscles. Then diamond push-ups work the chest muscles as well but the primary focus becomes the triceps. Therefore, the diamond push-up is good for primarily working the triceps. Then the chest and shoulder muscles get worked to a lesser extent compared to the triceps.
Diamond Push Ups Results
The diamond push-ups are good for defining your upper body muscles. You will definitely see a change in your upper body by doing the diamond push-ups. The exercises make your triceps stronger and bigger. In addition to that, the exercise is good for developing your chest muscles. It makes the chest muscles well-defined and also bigger. As for your shoulders, the exercise makes them stronger to do the push and pull activities without injury risks.
Diamond Push Ups Benefits
Doing the diamond push-ups comes with various benefits. Below are some benefits that you might reap ;
- Strengthen muscles – the push-ups are good for making your upper body muscles such as pecs, delts, and triceps stronger.
- Increase muscle size – doing the diamond push-ups variation is good for increasing the size of your upper body muscles. You may see the chest and arm muscles changing size and getting bigger.
- You don’t need any equipment – the interesting about the diamond push-up exercise is that you rely on your body weight. There is no need for any equipment to do the exercise. Your body resistance is enough to let you exercise your upper body.
- Improve performance – the exercise is also good for athletes. It is good for improving your general performance as an athlete.
- Reduce fat- the push-ups can reduce fat and hence make you lose weight. Some people do push ups for breast reduction. This is because the diamond push-ups reduce fat and tone your chest muscles. This reduces the size of the breasts.
Diamond Push Ups For Beginners
The push-ups are ideally not for beginners. The diamond moves are a bit difficult compared to the regular push-ups. As such, beginners might find it difficult to do the diamond moves easily. For beginners to learn the diamond moves, they must first master the regular push-ups form properly. Mastering the regular push-ups form will help the beginners to learn the diamond push-ups moves easily.
Beginners who have an interest in learning the proper form of the diamond push-ups moves can follow the following instructions.
- Start by getting into the push-up position and plant your hands on the floor. Make sure that the fingers are close to each other so that the thumbs and index fingers form a diamond shape on the floor.
- Lower your chest towards the floor and rise up just before touching the floor.
- Return your body up to the starting position. Make sure that you keep your back neutral and avoid arching it.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
Diamond Push-Ups Muscles Worked
This exercise is good for working the upper body muscles. It works several muscles and below are some muscles that you engage when doing the diamond push-ups.
- Triceps – the diamond push-ups primarily work the triceps muscles. They are good at developing, strengthening and increasing the size of the triceps. Hence, if you want to pump up your triceps, the diamond push-ups must be in your list of exercises to do.
- Pecs – pectoral muscles which are well known as the pecs muscles are chest muscles. These muscles get worked when you do the diamond push-ups but to a lesser extent. However, the pecs muscles also get strengthened and developed to increase the size.
- Delts – the delts are shoulder muscles. The shoulder muscles also get engaged when you do the diamond push-ups but to a lesser extent compared to the triceps. The diamond push-ups are good at strengthening and increasing the size of the shoulder muscles.
- Abs – the diamond push-ups also engages the abs for stabilisation. As such, the abs also benefits when you are doing the diamond push-ups.
- Hip muscles – other muscles that you engage for stabilization are hips muscles. There are several hip muscles that you engage in. For instance, you engage the glutes, quads, and obliques muscles.
Diamond Push Ups For Chest
The diamond push ups are good for strengthening your chest muscles. As much as they primarily target the triceps, they also work your chest very well. The push-ups can shed off fat and tone your chest muscles; thereby making them bigger.
Why Are Diamond Push Ups So Hard
The diamond push-ups are not ideally beginner-friendly. As mentioned above, you must first master the regular push-ups moves before trying the diamond push-up. Diamond push-up is a regular push-up variation.
What makes the diamond push-ups so hard compared to the regular push-ups is the position of your hands. In diamond push-ups, the hands are positioned close to each other and this makes your arms be the ones that balance your body. In regular push-ups, your hands will be wide apart and your chest will be balancing the weight.
As such, the position of the hands in diamond push-ups makes the exercise more difficult. The arm muscles are weaker compared to the chest. Therefore, that makes it difficult to balance and push body weight.
Incline Diamond Push-Ups
The incline diamond push-ups exercise is a push-up variation. The exercise works the same muscles as the diamond push-ups exercise such as the triceps, chest, and shoulder muscles. In addition to that, exercise improves body posture. The incline diamond push-ups form is slightly different from the diamond push-ups. The exercise is not beginner-friendly; is ideally good for experienced people. You can follow the instructions in the following paragraph;
- Set a bench on stable ground and stand 10 cm away from the bench.
- Place your hands on a bench and make sure that the thumbs and the index fingers form a diamond shape.
- Make sure that the arms are fully stretched and your body is also in a straight line.
- Then lower your upper body towards a bench and rise up before reaching the bench with your chest.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the moves as much as you can.
Besides the diamond push-ups, there are many variations that you can do to work your upper body muscles.
Decline Push Ups
The decline push ups are good for working your arms, shoulders, chest, and core muscles. It is one of the intense push-ups that can strengthen your muscles and also challenge them to be stronger. This exercise is ideal for experienced trainers. You will need a bench or any object that you can use to elevate your body.
- Kneel close to a bench and plant your hands at shoulder width apart.
- Raise your feet and place them on a bench and make sure that your body is in a straight line. Your arms must be straight from the ground.
- Then lower your upper body as far as you can and rise up before reaching the ground with your chest.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
TRX Push Ups
The TRX push ups are one of the push-ups variations that you can do to improve your upper body strength. The exercise tones your triceps muscles and it also strengthens your chest and shoulders.
- Make sure that the TRX straps are at full length.
- Grasp the TRX straps handles and stand at 45-degree angle. Make sure that the back is flat throughout the exercise.
- Then lower your body to a push-up position.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
Do you get confused by the push ups and pull ups results?
These two workouts are different and their results are different as well. They work upper body muscles but they work them differently. The diamond push ups that has been discussed above is good at working the triceps, shoulders, chest, and abs.
Knowing the difference of muscles wired by different exercises makes you exercise smart. You choose exercises according to your goals. As you do the diamond push-ups, you should know which muscles get worked. There are also diamond push ups alternatives and push-ups variations that you can do to develop your upper body muscles. Some push-ups variations include decline push-ups, TRX push-ups, and many others.
Have you tried the diamond push-ups to improve your upper body muscles? Share your experiences below.
Earn Up to $10k Per Month by Online Business My
#1 Recommendation Method