Having a defined pack of abs can consume your time and energy. As you eat healthily, you can also exercise your tummy to trim some fat and make the flabby skin disappear. One good exercise that won’t disappoint you is the decline sit ups.
In the few passages below, you will be given instructions on how to do the decline sit ups and its benefits.
In addition to that, you will be spoiled rotten with a number of decline sit ups alternative exercises that you can do to trim your tummy.
This article gives you different exercises that you can consider to achieve a flat tummy. The article accommodates those with or without the weights.
If you want to have the six pack muscle, incline sit-ups are one of the exercises that you should consider.
Spicing the traditional sit-ups to an incline sit up strengthens and tightens your abs to give you the flat tummy.
This is because doing the sit-ups on an inclined bench challenges your core and abs muscles than the traditional sit-ups.
The intensity of the exercise hits the tummy heavily to trim the unnecessary fat.
To do the exercise, you need an incline bench that has a foot brace. To do the incline sit ups follow the instructions below;
- Set your incline bench to between 30 to 4 degrees.
- Lie on the incline bench with the feet on the elevated side and the head on the lower side of the bench. Then hook your feet on the foot brace. Your knees must be bent on the top side of the bench.
- Put your on the back of your head and rise up from the bench until your upper body is vertical.
- Then lower your body to the bench.
- Repeat to meet your preferable number of sets and reps.
Decline Sit-Ups Without Bench
If you do not have a bench you can exercise effectively with the available material. The exercise has various benefits.
Besides being the best exercise for the abs, it also works with other muscles such as the thighs, hip flexors, and more.
You can use a ball and steps to take the exercise. To do the decline sit-ups without a bench follow the instructions below;
- Start by putting the ball against the step but in a low position.
- Put your feet on the step so that your lower back can rest on the ball.
- Put your hands on the back of your head.
- Lift your upper body bringing your chest towards your thighs.
- Return your upper body down.
- You can do 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps.
Decline Sit-Ups With Weight
Adding weight to your exercises always give your body a challenge. The decline sit ups with weight are one exercise that challenges the abs and core. The weight increases resistance. To do the exercise follow the instructions below;
- Set your bench and sit on it with your knees bet at the top of the bench. Tuck your feet under the padded bar to secure your body.
- Hold the weight above your head. You can use any weight of your choice such as the weight plate or dumbbells.
- Then raise your torso up and bring the chest to the thighs. Pause in that position.
- Return to the starting position.
- You can do 12 to 20 reps in a set.
Decline Sit Ups Muscles Worked
As mentioned above, the decline sit ups are good for developing the famous six-pack muscles.
The six pack muscles are also known as the abs or rectus abdominous. These muscles work in flexing the spinal.
In addition to that, the decline sit ups are good for working your back, hips, and leg muscles.
Decline Sit-Ups At Home
Doing sit-ups without a proper bench that has the foot brace can e difficult. Your legs might disappoint by failing to put your body in proper form. However, there is always a way. You can do decline sit-ups at home without equipment.
In the above paragraph, there are instructions that you can follow under the headline ‘decline sit-ups without a bench.
Through the use of steps and a ball, you can do the decline sit-ups successfully.
Decline Sit Ups Alternative
There are so many great ab exercises that can give you the six pack. You just have to know their form and hit those abs properly.
Interestingly, most abs exercises can be done at home or without any gym equipment.
You will be using your body resistance to give your abs a good workout. Below are some exercises that you can do to target your abs;
If done in a proper form, you can melt the fat in your belly and have an attractive belly with great muscles.
This exercise can be done by anyone regardless of gender. You can do the exercise without any equipment.
But if you want to challenge your abs, you can use weight. Follow the instructions below to do the Russian twist;
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet planted on the floor.
- Slightly lower your upper body so that your thighs and upper body forms a ‘V.’
- If you have a weight such as a dumbbell, you can hold it with your hands and keep your elbows slightly bent. But if you don’t have weight, you can lock your hands in front of you with elbows slightly bent.
- Then twist your torso to the one side and then to the other side. Keep your knees and feet close to each other.
It is a challenging exercise for beginners and you can feel your abs contracting as you pose on top of the move.
Interestingly, you don’t need any gym equipment to do the exercise. To do the exercise follow the instructions below;
- You can start by lying on the floor with your stomach and make sure that your body is straight.
- . Bend your elbows and place the lower arm on the floor.
- Then lift your body from the floor and balance it with your toes and bent arms.
- Make sure that your body is straight to form a ‘plank’. You can tuck your chin into the chest.
- Pause your body in the plank position for 30 seconds or more.
- You can repeat 3 to 4 times.
This is another exercise that you can take advantage of to trim your big tummy. You just have to be consistent and do it properly.
The exercise targets your abs, core, and back muscles. In addition to that, you don’t need any equipment to do the exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the leg lifts;
- Start by lying on your back and stretch your arms on the floor. Make sure that your legs are fully stretched on the floor.
- Then lift your legs up until they are straight. Keep your back on the floor as you lift and lower your legs to the floor.
- Then lower your legs to the floor.
- Repeat as much as you can.
This is another exciting and challenging exercise that you can do to have a flat tummy. It also works your back muscles.
In addition to that, it makes your body coordinate and balances itself better. To do the exercise, follow the instructions below.
- Start by sitting on the floor with your feet planted on the floor and knees bent.
- Then slightly lower your upper body to form a ‘V’.
- Lift your feet off the floor and keep them close to each other. Straight them to form a ‘V’ together with your upper body.
- Straighten your arms in front of you. Avoid dwindling and keep your knees together.
- Pause in ‘V’ position for 30 seconds to a minute.
- You can do 3 or sets.
Weighted Decline Sit Ups
The decline of sit-ups is a bit difficult when compared to the traditional sit-ups. However, you can also make the decline sit-ups more difficult. Weight challenges your muscles and also makes them stronger.
Decline Sit Ups Vs Regular Sit Ups
The decline sit ups and the regular sit ups work similar muscles. They all target the abs.
However, the two exercises hit the abs differently. The sit-ups are easy to do while the decline sit ups is quite challenging.
Additionally, the decline sit ups are more intense. As such, the decline sit-ups is more effective than the regular sit ups. You are likely to realize the results quickly when you do the decline sit-ups.
In conclusion, melting the fat in your tummy or dealing with a flabby tummy can be a difficult.
However, there are exercises that can help you to trim the big tummy and develop the six-pack.
Yes, it’s possible to turn that flabby tummy into a six pack. In the above passages, the decline sit-ups are the best exercise that you can do.
This exercise targets the abs and back muscles. Other exercises that you can do include regular sit-ups.
In addition to that, if you don’t have the decline sit ups bench, this article gives you alternative exercises that you can do to hit the tummy harder.
Some of those exercises include the Russian twist, plank pose, V-pose, and many others.
Having a flat tummy can be difficult and painful. Which exercises have worked in your case? Share your experiences below.
Just click and join with free sign up, You have a great oppotunity to start your business.