Before using a machine, it is ideal to know how to use it. This makes it easy to train and also o lower injury risks. As such, this article furnishes you with clear instructions on how to use the bicep curl machine. By the end of the article, you will be in a good position to use the machine properly.
In addition to that, the article gives you the benefits of using the machine. Besides that, you are also given a list of muscles that you work when using the machine. Furthermore, the article also gives the instructions on how to use a tricep extension machine and a tricep curl machine.
What Is Bicep Curl?
Bicep Curl is an upper arm exercise that targets the bicep Brachii, Branchioradialis, and brachialis. In addition to that, the exercise also works the wrist flexor, trapezoid, and front deltoid. Bicep muscles are the largest and primary muscles used in a bicep curl. The bicep muscle is situated in front of your forearm that helps in bending your arm.
Have you ever wondered why some people have well chiseled bigger and stronger muscles? The reason behind that is targeting the arm muscles with the right exercise such as the bicep curl.
Bicep curl exercises are used for weight loss and strength or power gain. It can be done using a barbell, cable machine, and a dumbbell. This exercise helps build the forearm. When doing the bicep curl, your shoulders get stabilized.
Bicep Curl Machine
This is a machine that shapes the upper arms thereby building the muscle tissues. It gives your muscle definition. Primarily, the machine works the bicep muscles. Strengthening your arms muscles such as biceps and triceps makes it easier to lift objects. Bicep curl machine has a padded seat and rest where elbows are being placed for comfort. The weight is adjustable to meet your training needs.
To use the machine, you must adjust the weight settings. You must choose the weight that you are comfortable with. Sit properly on the machine. When you are curling your hands, make sure that you don’t shrug your shoulders. But lift your hands to your chest and return them smoothly.
How To Do A Bicep Curl On A Machine
- Firstly, adjust the machine seat and make sure that align your elbows with the rotation axis.
- Keep your arms pressed against the pads.
- Grasp the handles and make sure that your hands are facing upwards.
- Curl the forearms until the upper arms pass the 90-degree angle. Pause and squeeze your biceps.
- Return your arms to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
Common Mistakes During The Exercise
- Other trainers curl faster. It is recommended that you curl unhurriedly but not too slow.
- Avoid arching your back. You must keep your back in a neutral position and use your biceps to lift the weight. Bending your back means that you are using your back to lift the weight.
- Some trainers use inappropriate weight. You should make sure that your weight does not make you train in the wrong posture.
- It is advisable to focus on your arms instead of your shoulders to maintain stability.
Bicep Curl Machine Benefits
Using a machine to train the muscles to come with various benefits. Below is a list of benefits of using a machine to do bicep curl exercise.
#1. Muscle Strengthening
This exercise builds strength to the muscles of the upper and lower arm. It also gives the muscles’ definition. In addition to that, it also improves grip strength.
This exercise helps to control movement in the forearms, and also aid in shoulder stability. You find better ways of using the arm muscles in the correct way. More so, the machine works on your wrist flexor and wrist extensor.
#3. Strong bicep
The machine helps to initiate a stronger and bigger bicep. Therefore, the bicep curl exercise in a machine help in lifting heavyweight. Hence, it gives a good physique.
#4. Tone muscles
This machine helps to build and shape your upper arm. It works on the trapezius, triceps, elbow, and shoulder making it tighter and adorable to look at. Additionally, it also tones your muscle.
#5. Muscle Isolation
The machine is good for isolating your arm muscles when you are training. The machine makes it difficult to use any other muscles than arm muscles when exercising.
#6. Control movement
You exercise with your arms resting on the pads. As such, there is no room for your arms to be swinging.
Bicep Curl Machine For Sale
The price of a machine depends on various factors. The features of the machine, warranty, its durability, and more factors determine the price. Therefore, there are various machines, but they come in different sizes. You can buy your machine from online retailers such as Amazon, Indiamart, or from a nearby fitness shop.
When buying the machine you should consider the frame, weight capacity, the seat, arm pads, weight, warranty, and more. With Indiamart, you can get a machine that costs Rs. 6000 while others can be expensive as Rs. 38,000. On Amazon, a machine can cost around $200 to $1000 depending on the brand.
These prices can be influenced by different things such as the material of the machine and other features. In addition to that, the location also influences the price of the machine considering the import and shipping costs.
Bicep Curl Machine Muscles Worked
As much it is well known for working the biceps muscles, the machine also works different muscles. Below is a list of muscles that you engage when using the machine;
#1. Bicep Brachii
They are muscles in front of your upper arm that help in extending and bending your elbow.
It is located under the bicep and makes arms bigger. It acts as elbow flexor.
These help in bending, flexing, or rotating the arm and elbow.
#4. Deltoid Muscle
It is located at the outer part of your shoulder and upper arm. It is attached to the shoulder blades, collar bone which helps in motion.
#5. Wrist Extensor Muscles
It is found in the wrist which connects the upper arm bone. The bones in the wrist help in extending the wrist.
#6. Wrist Flexor
They help in flexing the wrist of the hand and forearm. During the exercise, you contract the wrist flexor muscles.
Triceps Curl Machine
Unlike the bicep curl machine, this machine targets the triceps muscle. The triceps are responsible for the elbow joint extension. Additionally, the triceps consist of three heads, unlike the bicep. The three heads are the long, lateral, and medial head. The triceps muscle is located at the backside of the upper arm.
Triceps curl machine helps in the definition and strengthening of the arm. They are a weight-training exercise that gives big muscles to the triceps. It also tones the triceps muscles. It can be done with a dumbbell or a machine. To perform a triceps curl machine exercise; follow the instructions below.
- Sit on the machine and adjust seat and handles. Place elbows on the pads to avoid moving when exercising. Concentrate on the triceps. Flex your knees while in a sitting position.
- Lean forward and grab the handles with an overhand grip.
- Curl the weight gradually. Don’t move the weight up and down fast.
- Repeat as much as you can
Seated Bicep Curl
This is a weight-training exercise that strengthens the bicep muscles. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise.
- Load the machine with a weight that you are comfortable with.
- Sit on the machine properly and position your arms on the provided pad.
- Grasp the handles with an underhand grip.
- Then raise the weight until the hands get closer to your face or shoulders.
- Return the hands to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
Triceps Extension Machine
This exercise also helps in triceps strengthening but has a different approach to the bicep machine. It is done when hands are extended. To do the triceps extension machine exercise, follow the instructions below;
- Select the weight that you want or that can make you train in a proper posture.
- Sit on the machine and adjust the seat according to your height. Extend your elbows and upper arm flat on the pads. Concentrate on the triceps.
- Lean forward and grab the handles with a neutral grip. Keep the upper arm on the pad. Your upper arm should be forming a 90-degree angle or slightly less than the angle.
- Slowly push down the weight until your arms are fully stretched.
- Bring the weight up in a slow motion to the starting position
- Repeat as much as you can.
When it comes to the use of a bicep curl machine, many people use the machine seated. That means you will be inside the machine. You sit inside a machine with your back properly balanced with a back pad. Then your arms would be resting on the provided pad. Therefore, your whole body would be inside the machine. As such, you will be lifting the weight while inside the machine.
This comes with its advantages. You will be training in a good posture. However, you must make sure that you adjust the seat properly according to your height. The above text gives you instructions on how to use a bicep curl machine, tricep curl machine, and a tricep extension machine.
Which one do you prefer, a bicep curl machine or triceps extension machine? Share your experiences below.
Earn Up to $10k Per Month by Online Business My
#1 Recommendation Method