Doing arm workouts at home can be easy if you know the exercises that target the arm muscles. In this article, there are many arm workouts for men at home as well as arm toning workouts for women. You can get arm workouts with dumbbells.
However, if you don’t have weight at home, this article also gives you several workouts that don’t need any gym equipment. Workouts that you can do when you have weight include overhead extension, bicep curls, concentration curls, bicep curls to push press, dumbbell front raise, and many others listed below.
If you don’t want to use weight, the arm exercises that you can do include arm circles, side plank, tricep dips, lateral plank walk, and more.
At Home Arm Workouts Without Weights
Arm workouts at home are fun, but they are also effective. You can use any equipment that is not necessarily gym equipment to shed of arm weight and to tone your arms. However, you can also strengthen and tone your arms at home without using any equipment. Below are some exercises that you can do to target your various arm muscles.
This exercise primarily targets your tricep muscles. It makes them stronger. And besides working your triceps, the tricep dips exercise also strengthens your shoulders and back muscles. You will need a bench or a chair to do the exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise;
- Sit on a bench and place your hands by your body side on a bench.
- Shift your buttocks off the bench and balance on your hands.
- Lower your body towards the floor as far as you can.
- Then return your body up to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
The side plank exercise is good for strengthening your arm muscles. In addition to that, it also works your back and hip muscles. Interestingly you don’t use any special equipment, you rely on your body resistance. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- Lie on your side and put your foot on top of the other. Then let your forearm lie flat on the floor to form a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your hips off the floor and stretch your arm up towards the roof.
- Pause for 30 seconds at the top of the movement.
- Lower your body to the starting position and exercise the other side.
- Repeat the moves and keep on alternating the sides.
Arm Workouts At Home With Weights
If you have access to weights at home such as a weighted plate, kettlebell, dumbbell, you can take advantage of them and do various exercises that target your arm muscles. The use of weights makes the exercises more intense. Below are the exercises that you can do at home;
Bicep Curls To Push Press
The bicep curls to push press exercise primarily targets the biceps. You can use the dumbbells to do the exercise. However, if you don’t have the dumbbells you can use water bottles. To do the exercise; follow the instructions below;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet at hip width apart. Make sure that your arms are hanging towards the floor with palms facing forward.
- Curl up your arms until the dumbbells reach your shoulder height. Then turn your forearms and let your palms face forward.
- Press the dumbbells up towards the roof until the arms are fully stretched.
- Return your hands to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves to reach the number of your intended reps.
The overhead extension is another exercise that works your arm muscles. It primarily targets the triceps. In addition to that, other muscles that get worked include the shoulders and anterior serratus. You can do this exercise while seated or standing. To do the exercise, follow the steps below;
- While holding a dumbbell; stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Position the dumbbell behind your head.
- Lower the dumbbell and then raise it up until your arms are fully stretched.
- Return the dumbbell to the starting position behind your head.
- Repeat as much as you can.
Arm Workouts At Home Men
Men enjoy having arms that are fully pumped. Having bigger arms that are muscular defines most men’s arms. There are various arm workouts for men that can make their arms stronger and bigger. Below are the exercises that can be done by men. However, some exercises can also be done by women.
The bicep curls exercise is one of the best of the arm workouts for men at home. Doing arm workouts with dumbbells does not only make your arms stronger but it also builds your bone density. Additionally, it also makes the arms bigger. This exercise primarily targets the biceps. Interestingly, this exercise can be done while standing or seated.
- While holding a pair of dumbbells stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and let arms hang down by your sides.
- The curl up the dumbbells to your shoulder height.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your arms.
- Lower your arms to the starting position.
The concentration curls are good for strengthening arm muscles particularly the bicep muscles. It is an isolation exercise that works your arm muscles. Besides working the bicep muscles, it also works your shoulders and forearms. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- While holding a dumbbell with your left hand, sit on a bench, and keep your legs apart.
- Let your elbow of your left arm rest on your thigh and make sure that the palm is facing up.
- Then curl the dumbbell up until the dumbbell reaches your shoulder.
- Pause at the top of the movement for a second or two.
- Lower the dumbbell slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat as much as you can.
Exercise For Arms At Home For Ladies
Having stronger arms as a woman is also necessary. It makes you do your daily task with a balanced and strong body. You can carry your things from one place to another without challenges. Below are the exercises that can be done by women.
Dumbbell Front Raise
This is one of the arm workouts with dumbbells that strengthen your arm muscles. Besides that, it also strengthens your chest, shoulders, and anterior serratus. The exercise is beginner-friendly. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise;
- While holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Let your arms hang towards the floor with the palms facing your thighs.
- Then raise your arms and keep them fully stretched until they are parallel to the ground.
- Lower the arms to the starting position.
- Repeat the moves as much as you can.
The arm circles are good for stretching your arms and shoulder muscles. It can be done by people with shoulder injuries. Additionally, it can also work with your chest and anterior serratus muscles. The exercises flex the muscles. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise;
- Stand upright with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Then stretch your arms sideways until they are parallel to the ground.
- Rotate your arms and shoulders in forwarding and backward motion.
- Repeat the movement as much as you can.
Biceps Workout At Home Without Equipment
If you don’t have any equipment at home, you can always do exercises that target your muscles. You can do bodybuilding exercises to strengthen your biceps. Below are the exercises that you can do that target your biceps;
Lateral Plank Walk
The lateral plank walk is one of the leg and arm workouts that you can do at home. It strengthens your arms. Additionally, it also works your legs to a certain extent. Furthermore, exercise improves your body balance and coordination skills. To do the exercise; follow the steps below;
- Position your body to a plank position by planting your palms on the floor and balance with your feet.
- Keep your arms fully stretched.
- Then walk with your hands and feet moving to your side. You can do 3 to steps on the same direction.
- Move back and take the other 3 to 5 steps walking on your palms and toes.
- You can do the moves for a minute or more before resting.
- Repeat the moves for a minute or your preferred time
In addition to the above, other exercises that you can do to work biceps include elevated pike push-ups, towel curl, downward dog push-ups, and many others.
Arm Toning Exercises For Females
Having beautiful looking arms means that you have to burn fat around your arms and also tone the arms. Dealing with flaps around your arms can be easy if you do the right exercises that tone the arm muscles. Below are the exercises that you can do;
Write Your Name
This is a fun exercise that you can do to tone your arm muscles. You will need a dumbbell to do the exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the exercise;
- While holding a dumbbell with both hands, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Make sure that the dumbbell is in front of your pelvis and keep your arm loose.
- Then start writing your name in the air using a dumbbell.
- After finishing writing, pause, and repeat the exercise.
Other exercises that you can do include plank bicep curl, shoulder press, rear delt fly, skull crusher, and many others.
Stay At Home Arm Workouts
There are various exercises that have been discussed above that you can do at home. You don’t need to go to the gym if you have weight equipment such as dumbbells. Depending on your target, you can pick various exercises that can work your arm muscles.
Some exercises that you can do at home include dumbbell press, lateral plank walk, dumbbell raise, arm circles, shoulder press, rear delt fly, and many others. You can revisit some exercises above to get the correct form of doing them.
Doing arm workouts at home is fun. Some exercises are simple, but they are effective in shedding off weight and toning your arms. Whether you have the weight equipment or not; you can tone your arms. The above paragraphs give various exercises that you can do to strengthen and tone your arm muscles.
There are exercises that can work your biceps, while others can primarily target your triceps. In addition to that, some exercises are good at working your forearms. Knowing how to do the exercises in the right form makes it easy to target your muscles.
Which arm muscles do you like doing and why? Share your experiences below.
There is no track, no approved mechanisms. If having the knowledge you can start your own business with a flexible schedule. That is important for you to check out my #1 recommendation mechanism to start your journey.